Welcome, young traveler! Your adventures await!
Do you think you’d fit in STWing? Then we’d love to have you here! Each year, around half of the rooms on the second floor of King’s Court in KCECH, where STWing’s main body resides, are reserved for freshmen. Among the amenities provided in KCECH is the campus’ best dining hall, an IT-staffed computer lab, a rooftop lounge, a nighttime snack store, and a quiet library study space. If you would like one of those rooms, you’ll need to apply to STWing via Penn’s Residential Services.
Note that historically, we have only received applications that list us as the first housing choice, due to some issues with the housing application that are out of our control. This likely applies to all residential programs.
Instead of an essay, please answer one or more of the following questions honestly and concisely. Don’t overthink it! We’re just looking for a general personality fit. Please keep your total response between 50 and 500 words!
- What do you expect to find on STWing? (e.g. friends, games, inspiration, trebuchets, etc.)
- What’s your favorite movie/book/author/song/whatever, and why?
- If you had an extra 4 hours in your day, what would you do with them?
- What is the most irritating thing you do?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Fill in the madlib with words of your choice:One morning (read: 3PM) on STWing, [your name] woke up to the sound of [adjective] [noun] and exclaimed, “[a sentence]!”. [your name] [verb] out of bed and [verb] out into the hall. There, [your name] saw [noun] [adverb] [verb] [noun] and [verb] a(n) [adjective] [noun], to whom/which [your name] said, “[seven word sentence]”, and walked off thinking, “Only on STWing.”
Thanks for considering STWing!
Regardless of whether you decide on us, we’d like to encourage you guys to use the following three resources:
- PennCourseSearch, an excellent alternative schedule-maker to PennInTouch, Penn’s official but very antique student interface.
- PennCourseReview, a student-run course review compiler, requires a PennKey login.
- PennCourseNotify, a service that monitors PennInTouch for you and emails you when a spot in a filled class opens up.