Dates and Times
- Doors open at 1:00 PM for registration on Saturday, February 28th.
- At 2:00 PM sharp, the theme of the competition will be revealed, and the competition will start.
- At 11:00 PM on Saturday, the competition will break, and will resume at 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- The competition ends at 2:00 PM on Sunday, March 1st. Construction must end.
- The judging ceremony will be at 3:30 PM on Sunday.
- Teams should consist of 3 or 4 members.
- One team member should be designated the team captain. He/she is responsible for all communications between the team and the organizers.
- Each member must sign a liability waiver before the start of the competition.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee per person.
- To build their machines, we will provide tools and materials to all teams.
- Some teams may want to spend additional money on specific items; out of pocket spending is permitted up to an amount of $25 per team.
- Designs are constrained to a 1m x 1m base. No part of the device is allowed to extend beyond this limit during operation. However, there is no height limit.
- Teams whose machine involves hazardous materials, explosives, chemical reactions leading to high temperatures, fire, or live animals may be asked to revise their design.
Judging and Prizes
- The designs will be judged by three SEAS professors. The judges' decisions are final.
- Designs will be judged based on creativity, effectiveness, and complexity.
- The three best designs overall will receive prizes.